Monday, March 15, 2010

Harder to see the shore line, farther out into deep blue. I'm soaking, scared, soaring. I never believed in god, but I prayed till my mind fell ill. Then nothing made sense. I saw the rocks ahead and to the side of me, and smiled. I saw bright splashes of violet and indigo dance it's way across my dead eyes. I saw palm trees performing an opera and my closed ears almost opened up. I looked down and saw mermaids swim with their emerald-green tails reflecting the moon light into the crests of each wave. I closed my eyes and there I was, swimming with them. They showed me their city, rich with gold and exotic fish. But then I felt something weird. I couldn't move. I couldn't swim anymore. Everything was stiff. I managed to move my head up there was nothing. I sunk deeper into the pool of wonder, leaving the real world and my ill mind behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment